Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Vegas, Baby!

Joe spent a nice, long, well-deserved weekend away in what he would call the greatest place on earth - Las Vegas.  Every year his friends take this trip for March Madness and they insist the tradition will continue for the next 30 + years.  So, I figure Lucy and I better make some of our own March Madness traditions here in Chicago unless we are lucky enough to get an invite one of these years!

So, we had a great five-day weekend together!  Aunt Katie came to visit one night for dinner and we did a lot of talking, cooking (by chef Kate while I put Lucy to bed) and wine drinking.  We always have so much to catch up on, I wish we could have nights like that every week.  We will have to make the Aunt Katie visit a tradition every March Madness! 

We also fit in visits with a few friends! We met baby Gwen and baby Isla out for lunch one afternoon and visited with our friends, Erin and Aaron, who are expecting a baby boy in a few months, we visited the gym, and Lucy joined me for a manicure :)  

We also spent a lot of time walking - we walked everywhere this weekend despite the cold!  We took Miles out for three walks a day, which was a process all by itself as we normally don't take a family walk  at 6:30 every morning and night!  But, since the stroller was already out all day, we decided to walk everywhere this weekend and it was great to do. We are really, really, really ready for some spring weather so we can park the car once and for all and get the strollers out more often!

I loved my alone time with Lucy and will always look forward to March Madness for this reason! In 5 years I picture a special day at the American Girl Doll store, and in 10 years doing a little get-away of our own, of course not to watch basketball....

I love my Lulu!!!!

I love Aunt Katie!

Gourmet tofu and veggies

Let's read!

Miles spent some time in his crate.  He has gotten into a habit of opening our closest door and using my clothes as a bathroom on a regular basis.  He is smart and runs straight to his crate when he knows I am going into the closet.  If this isn't a face of guilt.....
                                       

We forgave Miles and are getting ready to go for a walk! Good luck trying to get Lucy to look at me when Miles is around!

Le'

Lulu and her friends getting ready for storytime

Daddy made it home!!!! No deep pockets here..

Yay!!!!