Monday, March 14, 2011

St. Patty's Day Crawl (getting closer!!)

St. Patrick's Day weekend is one of the best weekends in the city (along with every summer weekend!!) This Saturday I had to work at 10:30 am and saw a lot of green in the bars, a lot of people trying to find a cab (to get to the bars) and a few people who looked like they already had a few on the way to the bars.  Any holiday that you can justify taking following Monday off for, just to recover, sounds like a fun one!  But, we spent the weekend with the rest of the 30+ crowd - at the zoo, out for brunch and looking at houses and there was a Bulls game and some shopping thrown in there too!  We did laugh because we found the most random Italian restaurant with about 4 tables in it for lunch during our home visits, assuming it wouldn't attract the drinking crowd. As soon as we sat down, we saw a group wearing shamrock beads heading our way....

I needed to find an outdoor activity so she could wear her green flower on her hat from Aunt Beth, so we decided to it was a perfect weekend to head to the Lincoln Park Zoo!  Lucy is still too young to enjoy the zoo, but we (the adults) had a great time taking her around to see the penguins, monkeys, zebras and lions.  Places like the zoo, which is completely free, remind us of how much we love living in in the city.  

Outside of our activities, Lucy is showing us she is getting ready to crawl!! I was do something on the computer in her room and turned around and Lucy was pulling herself onto her knees and pushing herself forward.  All of my practice of putting her into the crawling position and crawling around her as an example seems to be paying off!  You will have to excuse the outfit below as we were in mid-change, and for that matter, into a diaper that is too big.  I guess she isn't ready for the size 2 diaper yet!!

Heading to the zoo!! I love getting to wear my new green flower. I was so sick of the pink one!

On the way to see the lions....

Ready for a snooze, after we see the monkeys

A mommy and baby monkey - they were so adorable!

Ready for some avocados and peas in honor of St. Patrick's Day

I would love if I could get to that block over there...hmmm....




Finally, Lucy's 6 month pics are here! We got them on a CD so if anyone wants a specific pic, let me know and I will print it! Also, our photographer said they can be ordered through her site for a photo that is better quality and not much more expensive than CVS/Walgreens.  Enjoy!!