Except for one important milestone!! We celebrated Aunt Renee's 40th birthday this weekend, but forgot my camera so I will share some pics of the birthday girl when I get them. It was a great family party, as always, and although we missed it, the surprise went off without a hitch!! Thanks Aunt Eileen for having all of us over and we will post pics when we get a few from other people's cameras!
We also had a fun day in the city with Grandma Chris and a fun shopping day with Grandma Chris and Aunt Pat - again, no pics! I really need to get a charger for my pocket camera.
But, Lucy is up to a lot so I thought I would share some highlights!
- Lucy is sitting up all the time, everywhere, these days. She was a bit wobbly a week ago, but now can sit for a long time, which makes playing more fun, putting on coats easier, and taking baths! I felt like she was so old when I sat her on the stairs to put on my shoes yesterday!
Celebrating St. Patrick's Day!!!
Showing off my Lucy Day gifts from Aunt Jill and Uncle Jake! I love my Ugly Doll and "party naked" onesie....
- She is truly the easiest-going baby ever, never fussing unless she sees us making her bottle. So, she is easy-going but lacks patience which sounds just like her dad. Nothing bothers her - she could care less that she gets water and soap in her eyes during her bath (I need to get better at rinsing her hair), she will let anyone and everyone hold her and goes everywhere with me without a fuss. She is the perfect shopping buddy! And, I should mention, she LOVES baths!
- She is a tummy sleeper - every nap, every time. As soon as she hits the crib, she does a 2 second roll to her tummy and stays there the entire night. She has red cheeks and red knees every morning from spending all night on her tummy, but we can't get her to sleep on her back and as long as she is sleeping 12 hours, I am not going to try and change it!
- She has been doing this really strange head shake back and forth, over and over again, like she has water in her ears. It really worried Joe so he did his scientific research on Google and determined it wasn't a big deal. I probably will get a second opinion from an actual doctor, but it sounds like a lot of babies do it.
- Like every other baby, she needs to check out everything in her reach - coffee cups, shopping bags, mail. Whatever is within her view she would like to check out, and if there is a tag on it, forget trying to distract her. Her arms appear to be so small and without muscle, but she somehow gets it in her mouth. Yesterday she picked up Joe's aluminum water bottle with water in it!
hmm...what did mommy buy this time?
- At her 6 month appt, she was 12 lbs (5th percentile) and 25 inches (25th percentile). Her head circumference is pretty small so the doctor is monitoring that, but she is otherwise perfect as far as her pediatrician is concerned!
- We are onto solid foods twice a day, along with bottles every 3-4 hours, which she now holds on her own! And, although I don't want to call myself a gourmet baby food chef, Lucy seems quite happy with my purees! The only food she has tried that she doesn't love is sweet potatoes. Her favorites are applesauce and avocado.
- No teeth yet!! We have a lot of fingers, drooling and plastic toys in the mouth, but no signs of a tooth. More to be posted on that development......
- Lucy loves watching Miles - she follows him with her eyes wherever he goes around the house and giggles whenever we walk him or whenever he runs around the house. Although we always have to be very cautious with our calm and gentle pup around her, he is actually really good with her and just wants to be part of whatever we are doing with her.
- We are getting closer to a crawl. Lucy is on her hands and knees, and can pump herself forward and back, but hasn't mastered the moving of a knee or hand yet. But, she does impress her music class with her attempts!
So, that is Lucy!! We have a fun week ahead as daddy leaves for Vegas tomorrow so I get a lot of mommy/Lucy time over the weekend. I am sure we will be up to a lot - two girls, and one dog, out on the town!!!








