Friday, December 3, 2010

A Week of Firsts

Although every week is full of firsts for a 3-month-old, this week we had two memorable ones!  Wednesday was Lucy's first snow! It was really light and barely noticeable, but still her first snow which holds a lot of meaning for me as I try to keep track of all her firsts.  We also had another first this week - Lucy's first visit with Santa Claus!  Lucy and I headed out to Woodfield Mall, figuring that it would be pretty dead on a school day but we were very wrong!  I am not sure why none of these kids were in school but there was quite a line - and when we finally got to the front we learned Santa was "going to feed the reindeer" from noon to 12:30.  So, we had to take a lunch break too and get back in line.  But, the wait was well worth it because Lucy's first picture with Santa turned out really cute!  It was a no-camera zone so I don't have any pictures on my camera, but bought a picture and took a picture of that.  She has the funniest look on her face, probably freaked out by the enormous man I just gave her to.  


Lucy posing in the Narnia exhibit

Before we went to see Santa, I put Lucy in a chair to brush her hair and I thought she looked so old sitting up

 And then I got a smile!