We are less than a week away from moving so life consists of trips to Home Depot for boxes, more boxes, and more boxes. For some reason, I only buy one or two at a time - not wanting to over-purchase the $1.17 boxes, which means I have to go back the next day for more. But, I love a good project so have been enjoying the moving process, maybe too much because I have been known to pack things we need just because I found a good spot for them in the box. Lucy has enjoyed it too because she helps me by throwing things into boxes, helps me tape them, and then I let her draw on them. So, the countdown begins!
Other than packing, the summer so far has been amazing. We are spending a lot of time at the parks, playing with bubbles and sidewalk chalk, meeting friends at the zoos and just being out-and-about. Lucy started ballet last week (pics to come) which I think she is going to really like, and Lucy and Joe take a music/preschool class together on Saturday mornings (which I love! See you guys back here at 11 am?! Have fun!). But, the most important update, I realized I never officially (and doesn't this blog make everything official?) congratulated Beth, Rob, Abigail and Caitlin on the biggest news of the summer. Their party of 4 is about to get bigger. Yay!!!!!! 99% sure it is a boy but we will all find out in a few weeks and then I have a lot of shopping to do for my new niece/nephew!!!
Father's Day weekend was great - on Saturday we went to a beautiful wedding for friends Joe and Kristy McCann, and Lucy got to hang out with Nana Kathy and Papa Joe, and her cousins. Would have loved to see the girls together - it is always very sweet. Since we slept there, we were able to have brunch with my parents on Sunday morning and headed to the track to meet Joe's parents. It was the perfect day for the track with the petting zoo and pony rides for Lucy before the races started. And, since it was Father's Day, we made sure to get back to the city in time for some tennis. Happy belated Father's Day to the dads, grandpas and of course Joe - the best dad of all. Hope everyone had their perfect day.





