Well, I officially can't keep track of Lucy's months anymore. I have been saying 21, 22, not quite sure but I just checked and she is 21 months and 3 days. Figured it was time for an update on all things Lucy! (I love this pic because it is Lucy's first picture on the steps of our new house. Too far to really see her but it is a view of the front of the house!)
There is so much to love about Lucy, but a few of the things "part of her charm" these days -
1. She is in her Princess phase BIG TIME! Everything is princesses - Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Rapunzel, Belle, Tiana. and taking them away, turning off a princess song, removing her princess coloring book from her high chair during dinner, etc leads into a full-blown sob. She only reads her princess books, uses a princess cup, asks non-stop to listen to the 4 princess songs on my iphone (because the picture is of all the princesses) and talks about them. And, somehow, she manages to find a princess in the most random places - like she has a radar. This weekend we were in a local mexican food store buying a bottle of water during a fest, and she found a picture of the Disney Princesses, and found one at the zoo in someone else's stroller. It melts my heart when I go in her room in the morning and she is reading her princess books.
2. She is so smart!!! She attempts to master "the system" like as soon as it is time for bed, she all the sudden needs a sip of water, to go potty (even though she isn't potty-trained), read another book, etc. And, when we ask if she wants a time-out (which we really haven't quite mastered in this house yet), she says "one, two, three" and waves her finger like me.
3. She is so sweet at bedtime and anything that is in her path on the way to bed, she wants to bring to bed. She sleeps with a ton of stuffed animals and two blankets - we usually find her laying on all of them when we check on her, or with her arms hugging one of them She also wants books in bed, her princesses (which are like barbies), purses, etc One night a sitter put her down and she was sleeping on a purse full of her baby doll accessories like a bottle and bowl. I wondered how she decided she should bring that bag to bed. Anyways, I remove it all at night and reposition her so she isn't laying on a mound of toys.
4. She has the funniest memory/recall/association of things. Like when we read a book that talks about a balloon, she always points to where we once put a balloon in her room (like a year ago) and remembers that Elmo, Big Bird and Cookie Monster were on it. And, although not random, just smart of her, I was telling her that Aunt Katie was coming to see her on Friday and she said "and Vern." Or, we have this Snow White figurine and a ear broke off the bunny. She always asks for "broken Snow White" or "boo boo Elmo" which is an Elmo that I had put a band-aid on one time. We love how she remembers such random things.
5. Although maybe not something we love these days, she is apparently still trying to find some sense of independence, or hoping that I will one day say "okay, you don't have to wear clothes or a diaper today." She runs when I try to change her diaper, and hides. She also hates getting changed or her hair put up. This is where the princesses come in handy for a distraction. For a nice-looking ponytail, I usually can find an interesting YouTube video. I recently found the Disney parade, so she watches that. But, we still laugh at how she, everyday, tries to get out wearing a diaper and clothes.
6. She is really getting good at telling us what she wants - and can combine two and sometimes three words so we are starting to have mini conversations. She will tell me "mommy play," "I want to pick," or "I don't want to."
7. She is just started to "sing along" to music in the car, and she always has special requests in the car. These days she likes princess songs (on my phone so she can see their pictures), Shiny Dinah, Skinamarinkidinkidink (sp?), the Wheels on the Bus, and this really annoying song that has a baby crying for about 10 seconds straight. It is her favorite and the worst!!!
8. Most of all, we just love the little personality she has developed over the last (almost) 2 years. Everyone seems to just love Lucy - even the older kids at the places I take her for classes or to the childcare at my work. She always seems to be the kid in class making everyone laugh or waving at the other adults, sitting on their laps, or trying to hold their hands. It is very cute!
Hope everyone had a nice weekend too! We had a busy weekend with a graduation and birthday party (Congrats Amy and happy bday Ashley!), the Brad Paisley concert at Wrigley (awesome night out!!!! Maybe one too many glasses of wine?!) and a great dinner in Barrington with Chris and Bill's bridge group. And, of course Lucy had a good time with Nana and Papa while we were gone! Have a great week!!!



