Thursday, November 17, 2011

Long Overdue....

It is almost the weekend I am just getting around to updating from last weekend!! It was a busy one but thanks to Beth and Rob (and the girls) Lucy was having fun and and in good hands (some would argue better hands) while Joe and I had a busy weekend celebrating with our friends, and my parents, at our friends Amy and Joe's wedding!!! It was the most beautiful wedding and I swear I have never seen a dance floor as packed as Amy's.  It seems like every time we turned around two people were having a dance-off.  We had a great time and were so happy for Amy and Joe.  Unfortunately I don't have any actual wedding pics yet because I wasn't carrying my camera while carrying out my bridesmaid duties, but maybe I can get someone to steal some pics from Facebook for me?!  But, I do have some pre-wedding pics of the happy couple!!

Thanks Beth, Rob and the girls for taking such great care of Lucy for us! We had an even better weekend knowing she was at "Share Camp" as I had been calling her weekend away which seems to have helped with her possessive issues over her toys.  I figure we will also plan a weekend away once she is ready to potty train, lose her paci and probably all 4 years of high school if that is okay with them.

A lively breakfast

Three's a crowd in the tub

My personal favorite - Lucy's morning-after piggie-tail hair (following her first time in piggie tails which I am shocked she stood still for Beth to put in. The stinker won't even let me brush her hair!)

I have heard of kids not liking characters, but not sure why Lucy was so scared of this "Barbie" at my dad's work Barbie event (who by the way looks like Carrie Underwood).  And, I can't help but laugh at how it looks like she is wearing little knickers from the 1920s. 

MR. AND MRS. JOE VIRGIL

Practicing waiting for his bride - at the church Beth and Rob got married at! Brought back great memories!


A calm and cool Amy and Joe at the rehearsal dinner at Lou Malnati's

The lucky bridesmaids

My oldest friend - friends since 5th grade and tried to do the math but gave up

Nails and mimosas

Coming up:  An update on all things Lucy!!!! Check back after the weekend for a long-overdue update on Lucy's milestones, quirks, and random photos.