Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Sullivan Cabin Weekend

We had an amazing weekend with friends at the beautiful lake house of our friends Megan and Ryan (and Kieran and Mia!).  It was one of those weekends that you look back on with so many great memories year after year.  Megan, Amy, Lauren and I all became friends when I first moved to Chicago and we were all on the same softball team (I don't think I ever really hit or caught the ball over 3 years).  Eight years, four weddings, six kids and three moves out to the suburbs later - we were ready for a fun weekend in LaValle, Wisconsin!

Megan and Ryan's cabin was absolutely gorgeous - they purchased the home years ago and have pretty much renovated every inch of the house.  It was so comfortable, yet had a true "cabin" feel to it.  And, it was the most relaxing weekend ever.  When people think about relaxing on vacation, or a weekend, I probably am not the first person to come to mind.  But, with Lucy around I really enjoyed it!

We played games when the kids went to bed, cooked out on the grill, made smores for the older kids, and spent a lot of time just hanging out.  And, of course we took the boat out on Saturday -  the guys did some cliff jumping and Lucy took her first dip in the lake.  Some of the kids went tubing and we found a man-made Slip-N-Slide down a huge hill that a few of us went down.  Somehow, I was the only one to walk away with an injury from that adventure.  But, the kiddies all got along great, and it couldn't have been more fun. It is safe to say we are hoping to get invited back next year!

On the way home, we stopped in Madison to tire out Lucy for the rest of the drive (I know, it was only 4 hours but we treated it like a cross-country trip.) 

"I'd rather be walking!"

Lauren and baby Anna

A day in the sandbox - all the kids are working away!

Miss Kieran, the big 5-year-old

Jordan, Payton and Matty

My ladybug

Baby Anna enjoying hanging out by the fire


A family stroll

You can't have a fire without smores!

Why is water so much fun?!

I love museums!

A family pic in Madison