Wednesday, July 13, 2011

On the Road (Plane) Again....

This time to West Virginia!! We had a great long weekend at the Muskovich side family reunion in Wheeling, West Virginia at the beautiful Oglebay Park resort.  It was like being at an all-inclusive resort once you purchase the "wristband" - we got to visit an awesome zoo, butterfly (allegedly) sanctuary, horse stable and ride paddle boats - and most importantly - swim!  And, of course the guys couldn't be on vacation, see a golf course, and not spend a day (and a half) there.  Even my dad, who I don't remember golfing since I have been born, went with the guys one day.

The family reunion didn't have the best turnout but it was still really great to see the family that could make it!  We don't get to see them often - Joe and I have been together for 5 years and this was his first time meeting everyone.  So, we definitely cherish weekends like this.  Lucy got to meet the family and some of her second cousins, and Joe got to see my dad's hometown and eat a few (yes, three) Bellaire-famous hotdogs at Gullas.

And, it wouldn't be a family vacation without the guys bonding over a few beers, leading to shots, leading to making new friends with employees, leading to some great stories that I am sure will be talked about for years to come!

But, now that we are home and unpacked, we are happy to be getting back into a normal schedule of naps (I think Lucy missed her crib because her morning nap has been 2 1/2 hours as I type) and meals - as much as Lucy enjoyed trying corned beef hash, grilled cheese and cream of mushroom soup - we are back to cheerios, veggies, fish and of course greek yogurt today!!! Sorry Lucy!

Muskovich/Wennerstrom/Blandford Family Vacation 2011 was a success!!!!

The West Virginia Family!  What a good looking group!

Dad, Uncle Smoke and Aunt Carol

 A cute close-up of Caitlin

And Abigail....

And Lucy



A very fuzzy family photo - the background in gorgeous but I forgot to mention to the waitress that the camera has to be focused

Choo Choo!!! On the train to see the baby zebra at the zoo

Lucy and Mommy checking out the kangaroos

So close to the birds!

The girls hanging out on the front porch of the resort

Cooling off with popsicles after paddle boats

Lucy and Mommy going for a ride

Relaxing in the pool - Lucy is always so distracted!

     Swimming in the best!!!