She is full of giggles all the time and it is my favorite moment(s) of the day. She giggles at just about anything - Miles walking around, getting her diaper changed, when I blow into her hair (I know, strange, but when you find something that entertains them.....), or being carried in the Bjourn. Yesterday, it melted my heart to hear Lucy giggling in the car - she was staring at the ceiling so I couldn't help but wonder what she must have been thinking about. I am 99% sure she was thinking of her buddy Miles. But, that, combined with the fact that I looked back into the mirror and saw a giant toothless smile, made my day!
In addition to being a giggly, happy-go-lucky baby, Lucy's personality is really starting to show. She is a very independent baby. She can be left in the daycare room at my work with anyone, and doesn't seem to notice that I am even gone :( But, I love her independence. In our music class, when the teacher reads a book she will sit in the middle of the room, being attentive and acting like she is following along. It cracks me up that she doesn't even notice I am not with her.
Lucy is up to a lot these days besides her classes and tagging along with me to the studio, lunches and lots of doggie walks. She is crawling backwards, just learned how to clap and is eating all foods, including chicken. I think this week we are going to try tofu and eggs!
I know it has been a while since I last updated - I am horrible about sitting down at the computer now that the weather is getting nice! But, we have been busy!! Grandma Kathy and Grandpa Joe visited last weekend to help us paint our house and Lucy got a lot of one-on-one time with Grandma while the boys worked and I somehow kept busy without picking up a paint brush until 4 pm! We also visited Grandma Grace to celebrate her birthday, and were spoiled with her delicious lunch of Joe's favorite foods. This week Grandma Chris came to visit and took Lucy to her music class and spent the day playing with her. It was a wonderful, relaxing day!
I hate painters hats!
Our expert painters getting down to work
Painting day = play day for Lucy
Getting kisses from Great-Grandma Grace
Spending the day with Grandma Chris
Daddy making Lucy's first chicken dinner - yummy!!
Tomorrow we are walking with our families in support of March of Dimes, and celebrating Aunt Katie's bday!! Looking forward to a fun weekend with the family!
Finally, Monday, we are off to AZ for a nice, relaxing and WARM week!!!! I will have tons of updates from the week.
Enjoy your weekend!!











