Thursday, August 1, 2013

August Update

We are a happy house this week - my children have both confirmed they do like to sleep.  Leigh started sleeping through the night and has been power sleeping nights.  Well, I forgot to charge the monitor on Monday night and woke up to a dead monitor and a sleeping baby at 7 am, so although it is likely she woke up at some point, it was the best method of sleep training.  Highly recommend it.  She has been sleeping somewhere around 7:30 pm to 8:00 am the past few nights.  And, she has fallen into a nice nap schedule.  Almost all of them are in her crib, if you consider her crib the car seat and stroller :) 

And, in coordination with my little sleeper, Lucy has reached a big girl milestone - no more day naps.  At first it was a sad acceptance on my part as I grew pretty accustomed to that 1-3 pm break to relax, clean, get online.  But, it absolutely was the right time for her to make this change and I am really loving it.  While Leigh goes down around 1, Lucy and I get some time alone and I find our days are much better when I am not rushing home to have lunch and start the nap routine.  I just can't believe I have a little girl who uses the potty and doesn't need a nap.  And, Lucy seems much better balanced these days, and most exciting, she started to sleep in until 7:30 or later most mornings. Although it seems like a small thing to those who have been doing it for years - after having Lucy waking around 5:30 am for most of her short life, getting to wake up and make my coffee and have an hour or two in a house with nobody awake is like being on vacation every morning :)

Hi, I'm Leigh and I just woke up from my first full night of sleep.  I'm so happy!

Leigh is not bigger than Lucy yet, just a bad angle

Playing with Aunt Pat

A happy bather

Visiting with Great Gra

Lucy is testing out a tap/ballet/tumbling class for the fall

We got our first face paint this summer at BenFest, a great festival near our house.  Lucy loved it and kept checking herself out in the mirror after each rainbow color was added...