Sunday, June 23, 2013

June Updates

Summer is here!!! We spent the day/attempted to go to a pool in Park Ridge.  We got there, paid, and about 5 minutes later Lucy was taking off her swimsuit and ready to leave.  The same thing happened when I took her out to a pool in Skokie.  Lesson:  We aren't ready for a family pool pass this summer and will only be going to free city pools the rest of this summer.  

But, there is so much to share!  Lucy had been potty-training for months, slowly.  Whenever we were home we would try to stay out of diapers.  A few weeks ago I decided to just transition to diapers for only naps/bedtime.  Surprisingly, Lucy took to the transition really well and on the first day we were out of the house as normal and no accidents the first week.  But, Lucy is very, very, VERY smart.  So, we sort of have back-tracked as she has figured out that she can just wait all morning until nap time until she has a diaper on to "go." So now I find she doesn't have to go the entire morning - has a full diaper after nap - and then doesn't need to go again until bedtime.  Ayyyyyy.  So, I think we need to change our plan.  And, for those who have told me to offer some amazing present - it doesn't work on Lucy.  She likes toys, but not THAT much. 

And, after a few weeks off, Lucy starts back at school this week for 6 weeks of camp.  I think she will love it! Each week has a different theme, she is with her favorite teachers from the school year, and gets to go to the park every morning.  I am excited for her to start!

Finally, everyone asks me "how does Lucy like being a big sister?"  Over the past 3 months, Lucy has changed so much.  The first few weeks with Leigh home I was pretty sure I was never going to be able to leave Lucy in the room with Leigh - bringing back memories of how I would have to keep Miles and Lucy in separate rooms when she was a baby - but Lucy has really started to develop into the big sister role and it is very sweet.  Although there are moments of jealousy, they aren't often.  She is always telling Leigh how cute she is, talks to her and shows her how to paint/color, offers to let her hold her toys and reminds me "don't forget Leigh" when we are getting ready to leave the house. I love watching them together - when Leigh smiles at Lucy and when I catch Lucy trying to play with her.  

At the Shedd on Fathers Day - all Joe wanted to do was spend the day with the girls there.  Not a very complicated man. 

A the zoo on Friday

Celebrating daddy and Papa Joe on Father's Day. You would think I would get a picture with the guys - instead with my mom.  Sorry dad and Joe!!

Lucy's special day with Kate and Vern

And onto our Leigh Bear - she is doing amazing.  Lots of "talking" and smiling, and she started sitting up this week in the Bumbo.  I know, small milestones but I guess they are pretty big when you have only been around for 3 months.  And, I am pretty sure she was supposed to have a 3 month dr. appt that I haven't scheduled yet, so I don't have a weight update but I am guessing she will not be in the zero percentile like Lucy is.  She loves her food - like father, like daughter.

Love the world from this view



Hugs from Aunt Beth

Spending quality time with Papa Joe.  She screamed for about 45 minutes before this, but we learned she is a Blackhawks fan and the game will calm her down. Thanks Dad!!!

LOVE

Busy week of summer camp and then we are off to Sheboygan for some swimming, relaxing, golfing, playing with their favorite cousins and probably way too much eating and drinking. Can't wait!