Thursday, June 6, 2013

Goodbye to 2-Year-Old Preschool!!

Today was Lucy's school picnic - which officially ends her first year of preschool.  It was a big year of transition for all of us!  Lucy spent regular time away from me two days every week and I learned how independent she is.  She has made new friends that she has started to play with (today at her picnic they were playing with the balls, riding each other's scooters and playing games in the grass) and has grown in every way.  Schools days were our favorite days of the week - yes, maybe a little because I was able to do a few things "kid free," and run in and out of stores without a stroller, but mostly because Lucy was so engaged and happy that I felt it was the perfect place for her to be as a two-year old.  I loved her sweet art projects that she was so proud of, and the games she would bring home from school and teach us.   She really does great in a school setting - which is why I have her going to summer camp at her school.  Her two favorite teachers are running the camp and they have in-house "field trips" during the week and will take daily trips to the park so I think/hope she is going to love it.


Last day....

First day.....she has grown so much! 

With Ms. Becca - last day

Ms. Becca - first day

 Showing Leigh off