Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Good-bye "1"

Lucy has been saying "I'm turning 2 in September" all summer so it was special when it finally got here - and more special that she actually knew it was her birthday.  Of course we had to remind her throughout the day :).  It was a very sweet day for Joe and me because it was the very first holiday/celebration that Lucy really "got."  She knew the birthday cake was for her (and we learned she doesn't like sprinkles) and got so excited opening presents and wanted to put everything together right away.  A drastic difference from Christmas when we opened them for her and she just walked away to play with the wrapping paper.  This morning when she woke up, being officially 2, she looked so old to me!! And, after saying "I want to see daddy,"  she said "I want to see my princesses."  So she must have been dreaming about them all night :)

Happy 2nd birthday sweet Lucy!!!!  We are so proud of you and think you are the most amazing little girl in the entire world.  Hope turning 2 was as fun for you as it was for us to celebrate with you!

Love,
Mom and Dad
It's my big day!

 Our Princess Party

Checking out her cake - I did some baking!!! But don't worry, I have ordered a real cake for Saturday

Taste test - oops, I learned we don't like sprinkles

All by herself - no help!

We have a puzzle lover

Princesses!!! All of them, minus Brave who didn't make the box

My new scooter!!!! 

Giving out rides

Deciding which princesses to bring to bed....