Thursday, August 9, 2012

Olympic Wrap Up

Joe's whirlwind trip to London for some Olympic action has wrapped up!  And, it was as amazing as any event planned by by his boss.  In total 8 traveled from Chopper (7 guys and 1 girl, I never did ask how the hotel rooms were figured out there).  I wasn't there, but it sounds like the trip went a little like this:

- Fly and dine on short rib and salmon stuffed with crabmeat
- Drink some Guiness
- Watch Usain Bolt win the 100 m run, along with other track and field events
- Drink some Guiness
- Check out London's nighclub scene (which led to some caffeine during the week, which led to a situation, see below)
- Cheer on a few beach volleyball matches
- Visit a few pubs
- Dine at Nobu sushi next to Andy Murray - a big highlight for Joe
- Run into good friend, Kevin Weck
- Drink some Guiness with Kevin
- Check out Picadilly Circus
- Visit the Chopper offices in London and meet two of the new traders based there

Warning:  Debbie Downer:
On the last day of the trip, likely caused by a combination of things including alcohol, caffeine (which Joe almost never drinks), lack of sleep and just a really long week, he had a hyperventilation attack.  This has happened before, at our home, on a much smaller scale.  So, now that he is home he is going to the doctor to make sure there isn't something more serious there.  Luckily I wasn't there because I am usually the one who is like "no, we don't need to call an ambulance just yet" but the guys with him did so I am grateful for them :)  

Joe said he could feel the heat of the olympic flame.  Right before Usain Bolt's 100 m run!

Proud Americans - with a flag straight from the Chopper reception room

Meeting up with Kevin Weck

The Chopper group (and Kevin right in the middle of course!)

The guys at a London cafe. I did get this photo and immediately think "is Joe drinking an espresso?  So odd for him to drink caffeine." It was a double expresso.   A man of extremes.  

The Chopper Group - including the London team!