Unfortunately, we have reached some sort of limit in photo storage on our computer and need to take it in for an upgrade. Unfortunately, that means I need to make an appt at the Apple store with Lucy in tow, so for now, we are not able to upload any photos! Hopefully we can get this taken care of soon because Lucy's birthday is Tuesday and her first day of preschool is Thursday - kind of a big week in our house!! (Preparations have begun for school - every morning I explain that she has to get her hair done before school, which is usually a battle and ends up with me giving up and her happily walking around with bed-head all day).
Anyways, the computer issue is sad news because we have lots of pics to update after an eventful weekend. I spent the weekend downtown on a "staycation" with some friends and it was as relaxing as I thought it would be. We had great dinners out, did a lot of wandering and shopping around the city, enjoyed relaxing pedicures, took a fun barre class at a great spa, Exhale and ended the trip with a great brunch at the Trump (our hotel.) Joe hosted a fantasy football draft so Lucy spent the weekend with Bill and Chris in Huntley. Highlights of her weekend included getting her "big girl" bed with princess bedding from end-to-end, and attending a Luau which I have cute pics to share.
Time for a little Lucy update before the big birthday next week!!
Lucy is getting so big - she seems to talk in full sentences these days, tells me to "wait just a minute," says "this is my favorite color" and something is "very, very cute." She is very independent these days - she tells me "mommy don't touch me" and tells me where to stand when she is trying something she knows I will help her with (like today when she wanted to walk on the balance beam alone at gymanstics). She must get in and out of her car seat/car herself, wants to try to change her diaper and get dressed herself, wash her hands without help, and pretty much wants to be left alone with help unless she has the option of walking or being carried, in which I am her best friend. Despite all the independence, she has NO interest in using the potty. She tells me when she goes and hides and tells me "mommy no, don't look at me," but when I ask her if she wants to use the potty because then she won't have to wear diapers, she says no. So, we are definitely heading to school in diapers!
Our biggest challenge these days is listening to us and following directions. Usually I have to count to 5 or 10 to get Lucy to pick up the toys I asked her to or to get into her car seat, etc. She is really smart so takes every last second of my counting to do these things, so I know she gets it. Time outs don't work all that well, she just gets up and leaves. Usually when I say "okay, mommy won't be able to play with you anymore since you aren't listening," she is quick to listen up. I am happy preschool is starting because I think it will help with her following directions and listening. (I hope!). But, we rarely have tantrums, Lucy understands "wait your turn," and she is starting to naturally say "please" and "thank you" so we are really proud of her and all that she can do at such a young age.
We can't believe Lucy will be turning 2 next week and have a "princess day" planned for her :) If I can get our computer fixed by then, I will have lots of pics - and of course of our 1st day of preschool on Thursday!!
Have a great week!


