Saturday, May 5, 2012

We are finally moving!!

Sorry I have been so slow to update lately, our camera has dust on it as I haven't been good at taking it out and the process of downloading and filing my phone photos takes longer so I usually put it off until a time like now, when Joe is at the Derby (at a 53-guy bachelor party...sounds like a quiet weekend) and Lucy is sleeping, and I have nothing better to do!

Lots of updates and changes to our lives - we finally sold our condo and bought a house, all in the same day!  After almost 2 months of multiple showings a week and two offers that we just couldn't accept, we started to feel like we would never be moving.  But, we ended up getting two offers on the same day, looked at our first choice house the next day, and just finalized both offers this afternoon.  Since Joe was at the Derby, our realtor and my friend got the privilege of working with me on all of it :)  Luckily we got pretty close to what we wanted on both ends.  So, if everything works with inspections, etc we will be officially moving at the end of June!  Our new house is in Roscoe Village on our same street, Wolcott.  Just a little further north!  We are very happy to have a little more space, some grass (maybe a 4x4 patch...but Lucy fits on it so who cares) and a place for all of Lucy's toys! More to come on the move.....

Some random and not very good pics of Lu from my phone.  But, I promise to have many more in the upcoming weeks with our vacation around the corner.  Lucy is up to a lot these days - the thing I am noticing the most (and amazed with the most) is her memory.  She remembers everything!  The other day Kate babysat and gave her orange juice and she woke up the next morning asking for "Katie" and "juice."  If we go somewhere and I ask her what we did, she will remember.  For example, we fed the ducks at the zoo some bread and if I bring up the zoo days later, she talks about feeding the ducks.  I love asking her questions and seeing what one word association comes up.  I also love her little sentences - most recently the constant "I want to watch the banjo song," which is an Elmo music video we have to watch at least once a day or her little 20 month life would be shattered.  I think I have about 1 month before she figures out how to work our DVD player which I just recently mastered, she is working diligently to figure out how she can do it herself. She tells us "I got it," "I want a snack" and lots of other sentences.  It is so cute and I love trying to decipher her chit-chat.

The weeks just seem to fly by, so we are looking forward to a relaxing family vacation next week.  I promise lots of pics (of Lucy and Joe, I try to stay away from the camera).

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!!

I took this pic to show Beth how cute this hand-me-down dress is!  This is right before Elmo Rocks got left at our new house

An early morning pic we sent to daddy at Derby

Lucy playing with her friend Matty

Lucy and Stella, her favorite puppy at a store by our place