Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Sleepover at Grammy and Grampy's

First, congrats to my dad and Beth who ran the Gran Rapids Marathon this weekend!!!  They trained together, ran together and finished together - in coordinating t-shirts as well!!! They had an amazing run and I am sure there will be many future marathons to come from the father/daughter team :)  I can't figure out how to steal the pics from Beth's blog....but you can go to http://wennerstrom.blogspot.com/ to see the pics!

I was heading to Amy's bridal shower in the burbs this weekend so Joe and Lucy headed to Huntley for a birthday celebration (belated only because Joe was too busy on his actual birthday weekend for another get-together) and Lucy asked if she could spend the night over at Grammy and Grandpy's and of course we said yes!! So, Joe and I had a "date night" that turned out to not be all that exciting as we ended up at the Whole Foods wine bar.  On Sunday we spent the day like any loving couple does - heading two complete separate ways.  Why would I want to go to Cardio Tennis, followed by football watching? Why would Joe want to go to Yoga Sculpt followed by a trip to Chico's on Michigan Avenue?  But, it works for us.  And, we were able to meet up with the marathoners for a beer before Lucy got home!

Helping daddy blow out the fire

The only pic I have that isn't just Lucy from the weekend - so I figured I would prove that there are sometimes other people in photos

Lucy getting to take a spin on her bike around the house

Lucy loves random holiday decor - she loved these two ghost lanterns and carried them around like purses.  I couldn't figure out why she was obsessed with our lanterns this week, but now I know why! 

Later!

Congrats Beth and Dad on an amazing race!!! Thanks Bill and Chris for inviting Lucy over for a sleepover!!! It looks like she had a great time and we did as well!