Pretty much sums up life these days as Lucy runs around nonstop from 6:30 am until 6:30 pm every day - with one or two (if we are lucky which wasn't the case this weekend) little breaks to re-energize her little body. I never understood why moms would say "oh, I don't exercise, my exercise is chasing around my kids." I thought that was so ridiculous but now I totally understand as I crash at the end of the day, similar to my marathon training days :) Lucy moves - really fast - and has learned how to climb onto her riding toys herself, has been caught trying to get into the bath tub, tests her toys to see which ones she can balance on, and thinks she can climb stairs herself. And, if she is out of eye sight AND quiet, I can be sure she is exploring something she doesn't want me to know about. The other morning I felt it was too quiet and I turned the corner to find Lucy holding my coffee cup. STINKER! Lucky for us, she is a picky eater/drinker and I don't have to worry about her liking the taste of coffee, seeing that she won't even drink milk.
Lucy is testing out the one nap a day schedule - she doesn't quite need two naps a day but doesn't need a morning nap. So, we are currently taking one nap around 10:30/11:00 am and trying to stretch until dinner. So, life is changing for us as we now can do more in the mornings and hopefully expect a longer break in the afternoon - giving us the chance to get together with more of our older 2-year-plus friends more often :)
We had a great visit to the zoo yesterday, trying to take advantage of the great fall weather :) Lucy loves the zoo more each time we go and it is so fun to see her taking it all in. She will stand there waving to the animals and it is so cute that I get tears in my eyes. She is so precious as she discovers this big world!
Lots of other random pics :)
Those sea otters are crazy!
Showing daddy the monkeys
Hanging out with Matt and Asal who stayed with us this weekend!
Asal is silly
Lucy helping mommy vacuum
Weee!!!
Strolling at the park