Sunday, August 7, 2011

Happy 11 Months Lulu!!!

In one month (actually less because of my laziness) our little monkey will be celebrating her big first birthday.  I should be excited but I am actually kind of sad! I spent so many months when she was a little baby waiting for her to get to the big milestones - the first smile, the first crawl, the first tooth - and now she is running around the house and I am realizing that are days with our first baby in the home are coming to an end.  Although we can experience the baby life again - we know it will never be the same as becoming parents for the very first time.  So, as excited as we are to move on to watching Lucy start sports, make friends and really develop her own personality - we are sad that this year is coming to an end.   We are so so proud of our little Lucy and are so grateful for all she has taught us over the past 11 months.  Lucy, we can't wait to celebrate your big birthday with you in a few weeks!!!! 

Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUNT PAT!!!!  We had the chance to celebrate Aunt Pat's birthday today with her family and friends, and it was such a great afternoon.  Kristy (Martha Stewart) and John did so much work and the food was amazing.  Happy Happy Birthday Aunt Pat! We love you!! (I wish I had taken my camera to the party but we were a bit car-lagged from a 7 hour drive this morning from Northern Michigan after celebrating Chris and Arielle's beautiful wedding!)