We had a great weekend that included a first birthday party on Saturday, some working and a lot of playing, and and a BBQ on Sunday that left Joe on the couch with some Advil the next day (I saw this coming the moment he suggested I take Lucy home to bed and he would just stay out a bit later....). It was great to see both groups - some of the friends at Johnny's first birthday party we hadn't seen since before I was pregnant! So, it was great to catch up and Lucy got to see Aunt Jenny there :)
It was so beautiful out this morning so we headed out for coffee and took a walking tour of the homes and neighborhoods we are hoping to move to once we finally sell our home. At the rate our showings are going, we aren't counting on it being soon, but we really are looking forward to moving so wanted to check out all the homes for sale! And, we never can go on a walk without finding a park for Lucy to play at. She just loves being outside and can't get enough of swings, slides and crawling around in the grass.....as I follow her around with wipes to keep her clean.
New things that Lucy is up to:
- Pulling herself up onto everything and anything she can - drawers, ottomans, the bath tub
- She learned how to open her bedroom door when it is just cracked shut. I used to be able to run out for a second to grab something, but now I do and hear the door opening behind me!
- Saying "ba ba"
- She is starting to mimic us
- When we ask for a kiss, she leans in with her mouth wide open but she is starting to get the picture
- Won't let us put a diaper on her or change her clothes unless she is on all fours crawling around. So, I have started putting her diapers on backwards :)
I feel like Lucy is doing so many new things every week so I am going to try to list a few "new things" each week!
Happy Memorial Day Weekend!!!!
Happy Memorial Day! This is the most "still" photo I can get these days
Party host Aunt Amy!
Hanging out with our BBQ grill master, Uncle Joe (not Lucy's best pic)
Who doesn't love a rooftop game of bags (followed by 26 rounds of flip cup which I happily missed)
Having fun with Uncle Brian, although Lucy doesn't look to be enjoying it. The wind just wouldn't cooperate with her hair after losing her bow.
Hanging out with fun Aunt Katie! Lucy loved her flower ring and gave me the great idea of a "toy" for babies. She couldn't stop spinning Kate's ring!
Out in the city
Checking out the grass with daddy
This one is for my dad, he laughs that her tongue is always hanging out! I think she is very focused.
Lucy and Lilly, a friend she met at the park
And like I said, she climbs on anything and anyone....













