Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Three's a Crowd

I had my first glimpse into what it would be like to have three toddlers/babies on Friday - we watched Abigail and Caitlin while Beth went to see Oprah!!!!  We were happy to have the girls visiting and had such a great time!  There was a lot of running around, a few games, a few meals, a couple of falls and only a little fussing (on Lucy's end.)  I learned the key to a well-run home with more than one kid is having a 3-year-old helper.  Abigail makes a great one!!!  She made sure Caitlin stayed on the carpet when I had to run to get Lucy, watched Lucy when I had to run to get Caitlin and would tell me when I was mistaken.  I loved the help!!  And, even better, for such a lovely day I got a new Oprah mug that I now use as I watch the last episodes of Season 25!!!

Unfortunately, I think all of the excitement took a toll on Lucy.  She got her first fever/flu this weekend and was a mess.  Our little energizer slept the entire day and had to get a few unpleasant tests at the pediatrician's office.  But after some sleep, baby tylenol and lots of time cuddling in my arms, she was a new baby on Sunday and we were back out again for a family day of open houses in the city!

I love bank holidays!!  Monday was "Daddy/Daughter Day" and was full of excitement, as far as I am concerned!! I spent the day shopping on Michigan Avenue, had dinner with a friend and ended the evening with a facial.  I came home to a quiet, clean, sleeping house.  It was amazing!  It was the longest I had ever been away from Lucy at one time and I couldn't wait to sneak in her room and give her a kiss :)
Abigail can turn it on as soon as the camera light comes on!

Caitlin enjoying lunch

Lucy being part of the fun

We played a long game of hiding the doll around the house.  Caitlin kept finding it because Abigail would close her eyes while I counted to 10 and Caitlin would follow me and as soon as I put it down, pick it up

My co-sitter.  I asked her to watch Lucy for me when I checked on Caitlin and I found her doing tummy time with Lucy

A little break to watch Mickey with all of her friends

A successful Daddy/Lucy Day - Joe is still smiling and it is almost bedtime