I would like to go back to being a baby - wearing footie pajamas, eating as much as I want whenever I want, sleeping at any point in the day, and getting my evening massage. Yep, massage. Last week, Lucy and I started a baby massage workshop and I was surprised how much Lucy loved it. I thought she would fuss the entire time because who really wants olive oil rubbed all over them? But, she smiled and was the happiest baby through the whole class - particularly during the leg and butt massage! Then, as if the life of a baby couldn't get any better, we went to a mommy/baby group in the afternoon and the guest was a massage therapist! So, Lucy got a second massage for the day! What a life.
But, really, we are learning massages have tons of benefits for babies - helping them to relax, aids in digestion, increases body awareness, and improves sleep among other benefits. And, it is really relaxing for me to spend quiet time alone with her. So, we are trying to incorporate into her nightly bedtime routine and will see how it goes. Bath time isn't going as smoothly. But, for now, she seems to love her massage time!!
A little more pressure on my legs, mom...
After a long, stressful day I deserve a little R & R!