Friday, April 11, 2014

Spring Break 2014

It's spring, it's warm, we can play outside and have officially started walking everywhere again via stroller and scooter.  It's the best part about living here in the city and with the nice weather, I am not ready to leave just yet.  Lucy's in 3-day preschool so we get "spring break" every Thursday and Friday, but this week was her full week of school off.  Lucy went to visit Nana Chris Wed night, and we packed one outfit for a quick stay but she is still there on Friday afternoon :) They were having too much fun - a bday party for Aunt Renee, cupcake making, trips to the park. lots of one-on-one time with Nana and I am sure a few trips to McDonald's for ice cream too.  I don't think there is any place Lucy would rather be than spending the time with her grandparents!

And, with Lucy having so much fun, Leigh and I have had a few days to just bond and it has been amazing. I am always trying to plan special days with each of the girls, but Lucy got 2 1/2 years of them before Leigh so it is really nice doing some of the same things with Leigh. We went to our sibling music class and the teacher commented on how nice it was to see Leigh being her own little person.  I let Leigh run the show for the last few days - keeping the days completely free to be present with her.  I also had a lot of time during naps (which I don't have because during naps is my alone time with Lucy) to get the house ready to list it, which hopefully will be the week after Easter!  But, it's amazing how much you miss your kids when they are gone.  I miss Lucy so much - I must have looked at the pictures Chris sent me 100 times.  It will feel so good to have her back home and the girls together tonight :) 

We started spring break weekend with a trip to see the Easter Bunny, who happened to be at a store in Roscoe Village. Lucy was so excited - as you can see in the pics.   Leigh - like any toddler - wasn't.  All week we have been getting the house ready to list by cleaning inside and out (Lucy was my helper outside and cleaned our patio furniture), we went to some play spaces, Lucy got her hair chopped in prep for Disney so it won't be a nest all week, we visited our favorite parks, have been out for lunches and dinners and really have just been relaxing.  And, we are dog sitting all week  - which is so fun for the kids but the stinker got my white couch all dirty with paw prints.  Trying to let it go.  Just a couch. It's my fault for buying white. It could be worse. 

Happy Spring Break 2014!!! 




Outside cleaning and playing


Love this - the girls were chasing each other back and forth.  It amazes me that Leigh can run!

The snow melts and we find a princess shoe - not ours but Lucy insisted it was a treasure to keep. 

Griffen and Leigh

Happy Birthday Aunt Renee!!!  It's a good party when Lucy cries to stay at the end. 

A big girl moment - Jacqueline painted Lucy's nails 4 different colors. A highlight of her life? Probably.