We had a great, busy weekend that ended with a trip to the Peggy Notebart Nature Museum to see the Butterfly Haven. It was so fascinating!!! There were thousands of butterflies flying around the room, and all the kids were having so much fun chasing them and using their Nature Museum butterfly guides to figure out which kinds they were. I think I had more fun than the kids - but we had a great time taking Lucy to the museum to see them. Being 4 months old, she slept through a lot of the visit but we bought a family membership so I am sure I will be taking her back many times this year :) As we were walking in, we learned that there was a cockroach feeding that we were missing. Guess we will have to catch that exhibit next time!
The rest of our weekend was really busy - Joe went on a "man date" with a friend to one of the restaurants that has been on his bucket list since it opened, Alinea. It was 20-plus courses and the best meal he has ever had! Much better than the dinner I cooked last week, which he gave an A to for effort, but a C- for taste :( The next night I went on a "date" with my best friend. Amy, and we drank way too many mojitos but had such a great time catching up. The best part about living in the city is that there are cabs to drive us mojito-lovers around!
We also had a sleepover with Abigail, Caitlin, Beth and Rob. It was so much fun, we put the "little ones" to bed and Abigail stayed up late with us, watching cartoons and playing fun games like having Uncle Joe toss Abigail's blanket into the kitchen and then running to get it so he could do it again, and again. We also had a very lively goldfish toss contest until Uncle Joe got too full of eating them! Love the simplicity of what it takes to keep Abigail entertained! We had a blast with our little nieces :)
Other than that, life has just been busy and so much fun! Lucy and I started a new class on Tuesdays at Kindermusik, which I love. It is a great class that focuses on development through music, sign language and movement. I love the class because everything they say, they also sign so the kiddies are picking it up really quickly and I am learning it quickly too! Lucy is the youngest in the class, but really keeps up well and loves the bubbles at the end of class :) Random pics from the week below, really in no special order!
Lucy with her oversized bandage after mommy clipped her skin while cutting nails. Wonder when she is old enough to go to the corner salon for a mani?
A visit from Aunt Katie this week
The cousins, all smiles!
The morning after shot! One big happy family - Beth looks good with a 3rd!
Daddy and Lucy checking out turtles at the museum
I love this! I was having so much fun looking at the butterflies. Lucy was more interested in Joe.
Apparently butterflies like oranges. Look at those big butterflies eating!
I love sweet potatoes! Yummy!










